Monday, August 6, 2012

Starting a New Ending..



it's been a while since i've blogged - i have to catch you up on so many things that have happened in my life. 2012 was deemed a "New Beginning" by my aunt, and little did i know how potent those words would be. 2012 is the year to take a strong hold on my mind, body & spirit, This is the last year i will be in my 30's - i will be 40 in April of 2013 - and i have already started noticing my body making changes. it's interesting really, i can see my head of hair, and facial hair turning grey... my physique is changing, and my idea of a "good time" usually consists of good Food, and good Company.

gone are the days of staying up till 3am during the work week, partying till the cows come home, and now Eating all the things i want. This Month i found out that i am a Type 2 Diabetic - this is mainly genetic, however i can say that i haven't had the best routine when it comes to my overall health. i was told once, "Do what you have to do now, before someone tells you you Have to.." and now that time has come. Turning 40 for me will be about making a "New Ending". What does this mean? - this means making better choices for myself, and thinking before i put something in my mouth...

So here is the Good News - this means i get to experiment more in the kitchen. most of you who know me know that i LOVE to eat! i am learning that i can still have all the flavor i Love, but in a healthier way...

Here is how it is going to work: Herban Nomad will be about my life, my challenges, and my success. i will talk to you about what is for dinner through the week, and i will store my recipes on Herban Flavor. Most of my recipes will come from other blogs, and books that i find - but rest assured, i will give you all the links you need.

Here is to 2012, my New Ending....
xo
D


No comments:

Post a Comment